BSI Engineering’s project examples for the aviation industry, including the design of two new combustor test cell facilities for turbine manufacturers.
Combustor Test Cell 1
- Design of new facility to test gas turbine combustors (single cup, sector, and full annular rigs)
- 75 kg/s of 1100K at 5.5MPa combustion air
- Pipe support details
- Support steel design
- Electrical design for 2-5 MW electric heaters
- Software programming for operation of facility
- Procurement of Siemens PLC and high-temperature valves for facility
- Rotary traverse and high-temperature alloy design
Contact Us for Aviation or Turbine Engine Projects
Take a look at our other aviation project here.
BSI Engineering brings decades of expertise and experience to the aviation industry for turbine engine testing. Contact our team or call our Cincinnati headquarters at (513) 201-3100 for more details.