New Fulfillment Center Design
This new fulfillment center project, where BSI Engineering helped to design and construct a state-of-the-art facility with automated retrieval systems showcases the ways we can meet the needs of the e-commerce industry.
Best-in-Class, Automated Fulfillment Center Design
- The client was seeking to create a “best-in-class” fulfillment center design to be utilized for all future building construction projects.
- The building is a 1MM square foot facility with space for storage and racking. Additional space (25k sq. ft.) for offices / employee welfare and areas for shipping and receiving were also included.
- The facility has varied rack layouts for products and will include automated retrieval systems as required by the owner.
- Building required 200+ dock doors for shipping and receiving and parking for 800 or more vehicles for the 800-1000 employees.
- BSI worked with the stakeholders to help plan and design the new fulfillment center. The client intends to use the created set of construction documents as a basis to be modified as future sites need.
- BSI was responsible for all discipline design for the building areas (A/S/MEP) as well as providing consultation for the rack layouts with respect to vehicle/pedestrian interaction and safety design.