BSI Engineering is searching to fill a direct hire position for an Experienced Electrical Designer located in our Cincinnati office.
BSI Engineering is a project-based, full service engineering consulting firm. We have been providing high-value services for all project phases since 2007. We appreciate every client we have, and every opportunity presented us; you will see that in every project we do.
Each employee has been hired based on a demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to our customers. Company profit sharing programs, ownership model and management systems have all been designed to support and reward employees who place our clients first; recognizing employee satisfaction will be the end result. To that end, BSI has compiled an experienced staff of customer oriented professionals that do work for over 400 clients in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products and renewable fuel sectors in the U.S. and Canada.
BSI Engineering offers an exciting, professional, team oriented environment in which to work.
Minimum of 5 years professional experience
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Be capable of working on multiple projects (big and small) at the same time
- Manage the administrative, technical and communication responsibilities associated with each project
- Can also function as the Electrical Project Lead
- Manage the scope of work and deliverables for each project you are responsible for
- Use the appropriate tools such as ACAD, Access, etc. to efficiently execute the project
- From the Electrical Project Lead you are to obtain and “take ownership” of the following:
- Electrical Scope of Work
- Electrical Budget
- Electrical Deliverables
- Electrical Schedule
- Use the appropriate tools such as REVIT, ACAD, Access, etc. to efficiently execute the project
- Interact with other disciplines to obtain information that is necessary to complete the electrical portion of the project
- Document scope changes and work with the Electrical Project Lead to submit them to the Project Manager. Verify approval has been received prior to execution of the work.
- Back checking of work (your own as well as subordinates) prior to turn over to the Electrical Project Lead
- Being accountable for all the technical aspects of your project
- Ensuring the Electrical Deliverables produced are:
- Technically correct
- Coordinated with the other disciplines
- Per BSI and Client Standards
- Per all applicable codes
- Meets BSI quality standards
- Issued on schedule and within budget