BSI Engineering is a full-service engineering firm that is dedicated to supporting our employees. We believe that, in fostering growth, development, and commitment, we can provide the best consulting and engineering design to our clients through the passion of those who work for us. We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, ownership, profit sharing opportunities, and much more.
We are currently looking for a Process Engineer. The process engineer is proficient in applying chemical and engineering principles toward the success of design and construction projects; demonstrates a command of engineering design and construction techniques; is capable and safety-conscious in an industrial process facility; comfortable handling multiple project responsibilities; possesses interpersonal skills which allow an ease of client interaction.
These are some of the requirements and challenges you can expect in this role:
- Possess meaningful experience as a process engineer on a multi-discipline design team providing constructive support to all phases of design;
- Integrate into client environment in order to effectively lead a process engineering effort while also building positive professional relationships with clients and fellow associates;
- Define the objective, requirements, and assumptions necessary to execute a process engineering project or activity;
- Establish and maintain a high performing team and serve as a project advocate within the organization;
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, client, and other resources associated with project activity, ensuring alignment on project goals and deliverables;
- Manage the process engineering’s discipline responsibility within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing standards of quality;
- Lead safety initiatives and implementation with respect to process engineering within the project team, ensure risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans, and;
- Facilitate and lead effective meetings, ensure appropriate agendas that enable key discussions
Process Engineering calls for a specific skill set.
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering (mechanical or other discipline may qualify based on relevant experience).
- 5-12 years of industrial process experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Process engineer experience in developing process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), and executing capital projects from conceptual design through detailed design and construction.
- Perform required process engineering calculations including material and energy balances, process equipment sizing and specification, line sizing, safety device sizing, and material selection and compatibility.
- Possess command of applicable codes and design standards, including NFPA, API, and ASME.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be eligible for work in the US. Must be capable of regional travel and some overnight assignments.
- Technical aptitude and displayed ability to grasp a general knowledge of the process engineering discipline and related technologies.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Strong analytical capabilities. Ability to walk down existing systems and identify bottlenecks.
- Ability to lead and facilitate multiple activities and resources.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Prefer to have knowledge and working experience in OSHA-PSM requirements.
There may be interstate or international travel required. Field exposure to various manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or institutional environments will also be part of your role, so keep this in mind when you apply.
Contact BSI Engineering with Your Application
If you are looking into a career in process engineering, or you already have extensive experience and want to apply and develop it to a leading company, contact BSI Engineering today. We have positions in project management, engineering, design engineering and consulting available.