BSI Engineering is searching to fill a direct hire position for a Process Designer located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Ideal candidates must have experience working in the chemical, consumer goods, food and beverage, and/or pharmaceutical industries. The ability to lead the process design team for multiple projects and be the client interface are key requirements of this position.
BSI Engineering is a project-based, full service engineering consulting firm. We have been providing high-value services for all project phases since 2007. We appreciate every client we have, and every opportunity presented us; you will see that in every project we do.
Each employee has been hired based on a demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to our customers. Company profit sharing programs, ownership model and management systems have all been designed to support and reward employees who place our clients first; recognizing employee satisfaction will be the end result. To that end, BSI has compiled an experienced staff of customer oriented professionals that do work for over 400 clients in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products and renewable fuel sectors in the U.S. and Canada.
BSI Engineering offers an exciting, professional, team oriented environment in which to work.
Skill Sets And Education
- Computer Drafting and Design Degree preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Leadership skills.
- Positive conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, with a thorough understanding of BSI and client standards.
- Proficient in both 2D and 3D design.
- Proficient in utilizing laser scans and scan data.
- Proficient in Navis/Cadworx clash detection.
- Gathers field data.
- Develops and supervises the use of design criteria document(s) to meet the project objectives.
- Ensures quality and technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Follows the BSI Standard Operating Procedures and Client Standards/
- Identifies necessary content for a complete design drawing package per client requirements.
- Performs or ensures all the necessary verification and design effort to prepare drawings and deliverables. Applies good judgement and engineering principles in all their work.
- Ensures discipline’s design is accurate and coordinated with other discipline’s 2D drawings and/or 3D model and/or site scans.
- Delegates work and supervises Designers on a project.
- Manages discipline’s schedule and budget objectives on assigned projects. Estimates, plans and communicates staff requirements for assigned projects.
- Assists in cost estimating.
- Provides clear direction to team of project scope, schedule, budget and expectations of quality.
- With supervision, writes and produce additional project based documents; including but not limited to studies, and project notes.
- Develops piping project documents: Scope of Work, Line List, Tie-In List and project specific lists.
- Assists with Equipment List, Trap Schedules and Stress Analysis
- Participates in construction support, startup and commissioning efforts.
- Identifies individual training needs and goals. Receives training from others and may attend outside seminars.
- Mentors others.
- Develops and carries out specific training sessions for others.
- As a primary point of contact for your discipline, interfaces with other design discipline counterparts and project management.
- Interfaces with client as primary point of contact for your discipline.
- Considers other disciplines and overall project requirements during the project lifecycle.
- Participates in interactive planning sessions to ensure scope, schedule, costs and quality are aligned to project objectives.
- Participates in multi-discipline squad checks of deliverables before issuance.
- Continually monitors and communicates forecasted staffing requirements for their assigned projects.
- Strives to achieve the targeted billability goals for position.
- Executes of assigned tasks to support business development; may participating in sales presentations.
- Follows P&ID.
- Identifies Equipment and Types.
- Gathers other discipline project required data.
- Ensure other disciplines’ provided information meets project specific requirements.
- Understanding and able to convey to client scan data information.
- Creates equipment layouts from scope of work, P&IDs and client specific information provided.
- Creates equipment and piping supports.
- Creates piping documents: plans, sections, details and isometrics
- Final checking of piping documents.
- Conduct client reviews and keep minutes with Navisworks comments.
- Pre-Bid meetings.