BSI Engineering currently has a position available for a Mid-Level Controls Engineer. Ideal candidates will possess 3 to 5 years project experience in the Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food and Beverage and Consumer Products industries.
BSI Engineering is a company that believes in developing employees, through mentoring and education, along with experience and challenges. In working with fellow BSI Engineering employees, you will get to experience the real passion and drive for excellence that runs deeply through the entire company. We offer competitive compensation, 401k, paid vacation, medical, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, and much more.
- BA/BS degree in engineering, or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- PLC Programming experience – Rockwell, GE, Siemens: 2 years
- HMI programming experience – Rockwell, Wonderware, GE Proficy: 2 years
- •S-88 Batch Implementations/Knowledge
•DCS experience – APACS, RS3, DeltaV, Honeywell
•Understanding of reporting solutions
•Software languages and/or database experience – SQL, .NET
•PLC control panel design experience
•Instrumentation selection and wiring diagram creation experience
•Good written and verbal communication skills
•Ability to troubleshoot and resolve solutions on multi-platform software architectures
•Understanding of desktop/application and server virtualization technologies
•Strong aptitude for computer technology, tools, and solutions
•Network protocol understanding & troubleshooting skills
•Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills as this role will require the individual to support new development projects, gather customer requirements, perform analytical programming and provide excellent documentation.
•Superior communication and team building skills are required, as extensive internal/external client interaction is an everyday part of the position.
•Ability to set priorities and manage multiple priorities at one time
•Positive conflict resolution skills
- Works with clients to design, execute and start-up Automation systems.
- Develops and supervises the use of design criteria document(s) to meet the project objectives.
- Provides clear direction to team of project scope, schedule, budget and expectations of quality.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, provides input to sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
- Establishes and manages Automation discipline’s engineering schedule and budget objectives on assigned projects. Estimates, plans and communicates staff requirements for assigned projects to project management and department management.
- Assists clients with problems involving the use of supported automation products. Recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Visit field to determine existing conditions and meet with contractors.
- Prepare and edit technical specifications;
- Prepare construction cost estimates;
- Be knowledgeable on mechanical and electrical code issues, construction methods;
- Institute quality control procedures to insure correct and accurate deliverables;
- Review design with client representatives;
- Perform construction administration, including answering contractor questions, field visits to review construction status;
- Perform concept development, design, and analysis for projects including: controls platform selection; controls wiring diagrams, plan drawings, panel elevations, elementary diagrams,
- Perform startup and commissioning for projects including: I/O checkout; program loading and checkout; perform function checks of program, failure modes, alarming, and safety relaying; troubleshooting; and operator and engineering training.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Keeps current on market business and product trends.
- Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper technical skills.
- Develops and builds long-term relationships. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction.